Srijan Foundation is a non-government organization which was founded by Dr. Amit Saxena in the year 2010. The objective of this organization is to address socio-cultural needs of the poor and needly people of the society.
The organization is managed by six people, namely, Dr. Amit Saxena, Arun Pratap Singh, Dr. Archana Saxena, Garima Verma, Anoop Saxena and Apoorva Katiyar.
Srijan Foundation has multiple projects to provide for the needs of the poor and helpless. Some of these projects are listed below.
- Snehdhara - This is an old age home that provides food and shelter to the senior citizens who have nowhere else to go and no family to help them.
- Sakhi - The project aims to make women in villages self-sufficient by training them to stitch clothes. All training is imparted free of cost.
- Himmat - Through this project, sanitary items are provided free of cost, every month, to women living in the slums.
- Srijan Khilona Bank - Old toys are collected and distributed to poor children living in slums.
- Chappal Day - Used footwear such as flip-flops, sandals and shoes are collected and distributed to the poor who can not afford to buy them.
in3corp Lucknow visited "Snehdhara" old age home in September of 2017. in3corp provided a bookshelf, an almirah, an electric geyser, and half a year worth of ration to the home. Here are some pictures from the event.
Left - Miguel giving an encouraging speech. Right - Snehdhara caretakers explaining the mission and vision of the organization
Left - in3corp staff interacting with and encouraging residents. Right - One of the residents who was extremely happy that we had come.
Gifts from in3corp to Snehdhara