April 2020 – in3 community support during covid-19
The year 2020 began with a World in lockdown. Who could imagine that something so microsopic could be so scary. covid-19 brought everything to a halt.
Empty streets, shops with shutters down and people adopting an indoor lifestyle. The resourceful have been pulling along quite well; however the poor are the hardest hit.
In these trying times, it is important that we maintain perspective and responsibility in our community. We have the cherished opportunity to give back to those around us at this time.
in3 has 10 grand rules, and number 6 is ‘We Support Our Community’.
- In Boulder Colorado, in3 donated to the Emergency Family Assistance Association.
- In Denver Colorado, in3 donated to the Rocky Mountain Food Bank which distributes needed goods in Denver.
- In Connecticut, in3 has given to a local food bank for immediate distribution to the Hampton Community.
- in3 contributed toward Indian Government initiative PM Cares Fund.
- In addition, in3 aided Sarthak Foundation based in Lucknow, India, to distribute food to needy families.
Since last two years, in3 has aided Sarthak Foundation (please visit community page to see past events). The organization helps educate children whose parents are daily wage workers. These people are hard hit because of unavilability of work due to lockdown. in3 helped the families by offering staple goods for their daily needs. in3 distributed the items directly to 57 families.
It is very well said that we cannot control the circle of events which happen to our planet and communities, but we can control how we choose to respond. We try to do our bit to make this world a better place to live.
in3 is proud of Shipra Tiwari who spearheaded this activity.